The privacy and security of your data is of paramount importance to us. We use significant resources and procedures to do everything we can to safeguard your CattleMax account – that’s a promise.
Identity & Access
When you sign up for CattleMax, we ask for your name, farm/ranch name, and email address. This is so you can set up your account, and we can send you important information, such as billing receipts and updates. You can opt-out of receiving our email newsletters at any time – an unsubscribe link is included with every email we send. We’ll never rent or sell your personal information to third parties.
When you send us an email, that message, along with your email address, is kept in our email system for reference.
The only times we’ll ever share your info:
- To provide the products and services you’ve requested.
- When necessary to investigate questionable or illegal activities related to our services, possible fraud, violations of our policies, or as required by law.
Our application uses a secure connection to submit your billing information to our merchant account provider which ensures your safety and privacy. We ask for your contact information such as your email address to stay in touch and to mail you a receipt. For your increased safety and security, financial information such as your credit card number is stored in an online vault at our merchant account provider and never stored on our servers.
You can allow access to your records by others, such as ranch employees and consultants, by creating a separate login for them and chose the level of their access. Other entities such as breed associations do not have access to your records. The only way an association has access to your data is by receiving a file you send them, such as for electronic registration and performance data submission. All files can be downloaded and viewed before sending to the association.
If you request as part of a support question, our US-based rancher-customer support team can access your account to assist you and can only view records – we cannot make any changes. We log and audit all such access, including date, time, employee, and reason.
All data is encrypted when transmitted from our servers to your browsers – this is the same connection method used by banks. The database backups are also encrypted.
All data is stored in a US-based data center with 24×7 security. Your data is also backed up to other US-based locations with an equal level of security. (These data back-ups help provide another important level of security.)
Your data is your data. Easily download ALL of your data anytime from within your account. This process will generate spreadsheet files that you can work within Excel or other software. (This may sound like a given, but many other software vendors don’t make your data easily exportable, either by not offering a full data export or by preventing you from accessing your database files).
We will not provide your data to law enforcement unless a court order is provided which requires us to. We will inform you when such a request is made unless we can’t by the court order.
We respect your privacy and treat your personal data with the utmost care. We will only use your data as needed, including in connection with providing you service, you have given us permission to do so, for payment processing, and to comply with the law.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Cattlesoft Inc relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).